Committee Opportunities for Involvement
Advocacy/Public Policy Committee
Mission statement: To provide guidance and leadership on public policy issues that affect the competitiveness of the health and life science industries in the state of Indiana.
- To identify policies and legislation that impact the industries
- To provide position and policy statements for the approval of the IHIF board of directors
- To develop policies that will favorably affect the industries
Clinical Trials Working Groups - Working to identify how Indiana can develop a competitive advantage in clinical trials activity. Sub-committees are examining how to conduct more trials in the state, the advantages of state or regional IRBs, the incentive structure for clinical research, and comparing IN to other state and national programs.
Statewide Strategic Plan – Oversee main committee and identify special working groups to evaluate needs and make recommendations
Life Science Day at Statehouse – Organize informational display
Bio-Caucus – Assemble strategic group of legislators to inform on relevant issues.
Mission statement: To create a network for new and non-members to have a facilitated introduction to existing members with a goal of increasing and retaining IHIF membership and event participation.
- To facilitate and increase the qualitative interaction between health industry organizations
- To provide forums for business to business networking
- To look for ways to involve/interact with membership and introduce potential collaborative partners
- To provide new member orientation
Life Science Luncheons – serve as networking facilitators at monthly Indianapolis session. Participate in community focus programs at the “away” locations (2x year).
New Media Subcommittee – look at tools for enhancing member communication, interaction through internet and social media.
New Member Welcome Wagon – call on new IHIF members to welcome them to the organization and understand their networking interests
Membership Drive – increase IHIF membership/awareness through membership drive events
Development and Advancement Committee
Mission statement: To network resources and systems which strengthen and support Indiana’s economic development and human capital efforts in the health and life science industries.
- For IHIF to become a preferred resource and strategic partner with state and local economic development and workforce agencies
- To further the launch of a statewide strategic plan for the life science industry in cooperation with the Indiana Economic Development Corp, the Department of Workforce Development and other related organizations
- To promote industry specific training to local economic development officials, companies, industry members, and those with interest in the sector
- To assess the workforce needs of IHIF members in all segments of the health and life science industries and close the skill gaps identified
IEDA Life Science Programming – Convene subcommittee to identify and deliver topics of interest, arrange for presenters, and coordinate with the Indiana Economic Development Association.
Statewide Strategic Plan – Begin planning for development of a statewide strategic plan for the health and life science sector.
Skills Gap Solutions – Interact directly with IHIF members and companies in Indiana’s health and life science industries to address skill and training needs and collaborate with educational providers to identify solutions.
Statewide Asset Map – Maintain and build an interactive database of Indiana health and life science companies and organizations.