Indiana Health Industry Forum - About Us
Our mission is to position Indiana as a premier state
for the creation and growth of health and life science enterprises
Defining Our Impact
The term "health sciences" is used to unite the disparate sectors of an industy that has a collective impact on human health and health care. For the Indiana Health Industry Forum, these sectors include: medical device development and manufacturing, pharmaceutical and biotech development and manufacturing, service companies offering expertise to the sector, hospitals that interact with the business and clinical research communities, colleges and universities, payors, and health IT companies. Across the spectrum, Indiana's health science sector is over 1500 companies strong. IHIF is committed to helping grow these companies in Indiana.
Networking – IHIF provides networking assistance between members and the industry broadly. In our role as a convening organization, we strive to provide networking opportunities and support programs such as our Life Science Lunch series and Annual Members Meeting. IHIF also works with individual members to identify specific resources or provide referrals.
Advocacy – IHIF represents the collective interests of our members to federal and state legislators. IHIF advocates for Indiana to be recognized as a national model for Health Information Exchange and as an innovator in Patient Safety and to support and preserve the capacity for innovation in public and private entities.
Committees – IHIF is organized around our strategic areas of activity: Networking, Public Policy, and Development and Advancement. IHIF members are encouraged to participate and lend their voices and interests to these working groups.
Employment Resources – IHIF operates a posting site for resumes and openings.
IHIF events – IHIF presents and supports a variety of educational and networking events throughout the year. Most IHIF events provide discounted registration fees for IHIF Member companies.
Member Discounts– IHIF is the Indiana affiliate for the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO). IHIF members are eligible for substantial discounts on a variety of products and services through the BIO Business Solutions Program. IHIF will also work with members and other firms interested in offering special discounts or incentives to IHIF member companies.
Web site link – Logo, description, and website links are provided to all members througth the directory on the IHIF website.
BioFutures – IHIF members receive BioFutures, IHIF’s annual magazine highlighting themes, stories, companies, and events impacting Indiana’s health and life science sector. Additional copies available to members upon request. Useful as an employee recruiting information piece.
Life Science Lunch Recognition – New members and renewing members are recognized by name in handouts and on-screen at monthly life science lunch.
Access to Resources
- Indiana Health and Life Science Asset Database – Preferred access and free listing on this comprehensive database. Web based directory provides self-reported information from more than 1500 sector-related organizations in Indiana. Members may request customized searches.
- Services for Entrepreneurs - IHIF website provides information on investment funding organizations, technology transfer, networking and other resources especially geared towards entrepreneurs and start-up life science companies.
- News from Around Indiana – Provided by BusinessWire (a BIO Business Solutions Program partner for IHIF). This news feed highlights life science news from across the state.
- Press Release Posting and Publication – IHIF Member press releases are posted on the IHIF website and included in IHIF’s newsletter.
- Sponsorships – If you are interested in creating more awareness for your organization and/or products and services, consider including IHIF in your marketing plan. We offer a wide range of opportunities for reaching audiences in the health and life sciences throughout the year.
Strategic Partner Organizations
Click here to watch video from: Inside Indiana Business (aired 2/20/10), Business of Health: Indiana Health Industry Forum
The Indiana Health Industry Forum has a leader. Barbara Lewis introduces its President and CEO Kristin Jones in the Business of Health.